Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Super Fresh No Longer Stacking Coupons???


In the past I have always been allowed to stack manufacturer's coupons and store coupons on the same item at Super Fresh. When I attempted to do so today, I was told it is no longer allowed. Actually, the cashier told me it was never allowed, which I don't believe is true. Customer service told me it is not permitted and when I pressed she said it was permitted in the past.

I am suspicious and I am going to investigate further. I was using the self-scan checkout and I actually tried to scan the store coupon first and it beeped. The register rejected it before I even tried to scan the manufacturer's coupon. Of course, by the time the cashier came over to help me, I had already scanned the manufacturer's coupon and she tried to tell me that that was the reason the register rejected the coupon. Perhaps they have psychic self-scanners and it knew I was going to use a manufacturer's coupon? Or maybe the coupon was just coded incorrectly.

I will post an update after I hear back from the corporate customer service department about their coupon stacking policy.

Have you been allowed to stack coupons at Super Fresh recently?

2 comments:

Trisha said...

In the past I've stacked coupons at SuperFresh with the manager special discount stickers with no problem (those yellow $1.00 off ags they put on things that are about to expire to move them off their shelves quicker). I haven't done it in awhile so maybe the policy has changed, but as of a month ago it worked. I did, however, have the most unpleasant experience trying to do triples last weekend (this all before I even broke out my coupons). I can't say I'm ever that pleased with SuperFresh, but it will be a LOOOONG time before I'm wanting to step foot inside the store again. Unkind employees do not make happy customers. I did speak with the store manager who was very nice and said he would take care of it, but the experience still left a bad taste in my mouth.

Stimey said...

I don't know about stacking, but I was there today and had a tough time with my coupons and a very nice lady helped me. I think she may even have given me more off than I was supposed to get off.