Friday, March 13, 2009

Shoppers Trip: $1 Double Coupons

Shoppers is doubling coupons up to $1 through Sunday. Combine that with $1 Coke 2 liters and a coupon for free cereal and they lured me into their store.

I don't usually shop at Shoppers because I always have a bad experience. My local store never seems prepared for their special promotions and checkout with coupons is always a hassle for me. Today, some of my coupons beeped so the cashier declared that the register wasn't going to take them, she handed the coupons back to me and acted like that was that. The coupons were completely legit and I bought the stated sizes and amounts so I very politely insisted that they needed to accept them. The store manager came over and took care of the coupons, all the while telling me how much he hated double coupon days.

I never feel bad about insisting that stores honor their promotions. If they are going to advertise a sale to get me into the store, then they need to prepare their staff to follow through. They failed today. I am not a regular shopper at Shoppers because they always make me feel unwelcome during their special sales.

Despite my troubles, I still had a good haul with the double coupons:


I paid $10 for 10 Diet Coke 2 Liters and $5.32 for everything else.

Here are a few coupon match ups that I took advantage of (or would have taken advantage of, if there had been of the items any left!):

Wholly Guacamole $2.50 - $1 off = $.50 *
Fruit Sense Juice $2.50 - $1 off = $.50
Dannon Light & Fit yogurt 6 pack $2.79 - $1 off = $.79
Yoplait YoPlus yogurt 4 pack $2 - $1 off = FREE
Fiber One yogurt 4 pack $2.69 - $1 off = $.69
Dentek Floss Picks $1.89 - $1 off = FREE *
L'Oreal Kids Shampoo $2.50 - $.75 off = $1
Del Monte No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes $1.33 - $1 off 2 = $.66 for 2
Rubbermaid Easy Find Containers $2 - $1 off = FREE

*These are the coupons that gave me troubles.


Visit Redemption Unlimited for a more extensive list of double coupon match ups.


I am curious, does anyone else always have trouble using coupons at Shoppers, or is it just a problem at my location?

2 comments:

Redemption Unlimited Girls said...

Thanks for the blog love, Penny Possibilities! :)

We get 'keyed' a lot in our transactions - in that a manager is often called over throughout to authenticate with a manager key that a certain number of coupons is OK or that a certain type of coupon is OK.

Shopper's is also historically inconsistent on accepting Internet Printables for us - we've done it several times successfully in the past, but also had them outright rejected more recently. The official company policy (as emailed to one of us who inquired) is all IPs up to $0.99 in value are accepted, but we know that there are several NOVA Shopper's Food Warehouses who have rejected any Internet coupons.

Masker # 7 said...

I go to the Kingstowne Shoppers and have ALWAYS had a major production/headache with my coupons there (requiring a manager's keys, etc.). One male cashier implied very rudely that I was cheating the system and trying to get away with something unethical. Umm...no. They're coupons. I use them on items I'm buying. Your store takes them. Deal with it. Sigh.