Wednesday, April 8, 2009

WFMW: Magic Erasers for Cleaning Tile Floors

I have a ceramic tile floor in my foyer that is wonderful because it hides dirt really well. As it turns out, maybe it hides dirt a little too well.

When I was washing the floor last week I noticed that the tiles around the door looked a little grungy even after I mopped them. So I tried scrubbing the dirt off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. The results were shocking! Apparently the tiles had been sucking in a whole lot of dirt for the past 5 years. They looked beautiful after a few quick swipes of the Magic Eraser. Unfortunately it turned out my entire floor was really dirty and I had to then use the Magic Eraser on the whole thing.

Here is a before and after photo*:

Obviously the tile on the left has not been cleaned with the Magic Eraser yet. The really sad part is this isn't even the area of the floor that I thought looked grungy in the first place. Now it is like I have a brand new floor!


Head over to We Are THAT Family to find more Works for Me Wednesday tips.


*Please note that it is slightly embarrassing to be posting pictures of how dirty my floor was on the internet.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That's incredible! I would hate to have to take on that project though, good for you! I'm sure the reward was well worth the effort :)

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Wow!
I love those things.
It's scary sometimes when you clean, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the magic eraser also, but I would hate to clean my whole floor with them. I must admit they are addictive, once you see something so clean you see more dirty!

Anonymous said...

That was very brave. I was hoping for a Magic Eraser giveaway though.

L

La said...

They should totally make a whole mop from magic eraser stuff. ;)

Heather said...

La,

I was thinking the same thing about a Magic Eraser mop as I was scrubbing the floor!

Newlyweds,
It actually wasn't very hard work to clean the whole floor. The dirt came right off with a quick rub. I didn't have to push hard like you sometimes have to do with the eraser.

Stimey said...

How many magic erasers does it take to clean the whole floor? I'm pretty sure I need to do this right now.