Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This Week at CVS


It was a pretty good week at CVS. I got a great deal on Halloween candy and snagged some more free toothpaste.

Here is my transaction:

Purchases:
M&M Fun Size Bag @ $1.50
M&M Peanut Fun Size Bag @ $1.50
2 Snickers Fun Size Bag @ $1.50 each
Milkyway Fun Size Bag @ $1.50
Skittles Fun Size Bag @ $1.50
2 Colgate Total Advance Fresh (4 oz) @ $3.49 each
Total: $15.98

Coupons & ECBs Used:
3 $1 off 2 bags of Mars Candy coupon from 9/28 insert and 10/12 insert
2 $1.50 off Colgate Total coupons from September and October All You magazines
1 $1 off Colgate Total CVS coupon (this printed from the price scanner machine in CVS)
$8 ECB from previous visit

Total OOP: $.98 plus tax
Total ECBs Earned: $4

What are these price scanner coupons? If you scan your CVS ExtraCare Card at the in store price scanner, the machine will print out CVS coupons. Sometimes they are product coupons or money off your order coupons. I received my $1 Colgate Total coupon when I scanned my card yesterday. It turned the toothpaste deal into a moneymaker since the toothpaste was only $1.49 each after ECBs earned and I already had the 2 $1.50 off coupons.

Did you have a great trip to CVS this week? Leave a comment and tell everyone about it!

2 comments:

Stimey said...

It's a little ironic that you bought those two things together.

Thrift Store Mama said...

Found you via Stimey. I'm thrifty myself, but haven't tried this yet. Looks like fun!