Monday, October 27, 2008

This Week at CVS


I had some great transactions worked out for this week but the Bic Comfort 3 razors were already sold out. But the week still turned out good. My family consumes a lot of oatmeal, so the buy $20 get $5 in ECBs deal worked well for us. The oatmeal is less per packet than I pay at Costco. Also I decided to try the Soy Joy bars since they are a money maker this week (that means I got more in ECBs back than I paid for them) even though I have heard that they aren't very good. The sale on Nestle candy is only good through today.

Here are this week's transactions:

Transaction 1:

Purchases:
Butterfinger Fun Size bag @ $1.50
Nestle Crunch Fun Size bag @ $1.50
4 Soy Joy Bars @ $1 each
Gold Emblem Bag of Dum Dums @$.99
Gold Emblem Bag of Tootsie Rolls @ $.99
Total: $8.98

Coupons & ECBs Used:
$1.98 off 2 Gold Emblem Candies CVS coupon (printed from price scanner machine)
2 $1 off Nestle Candy internet coupon
Buy 2 Soy Joys Get 1 Free coupon from 10/26 insert
$2.99 ECB from previous visit

Total OOP: $1.01
Total ECBs Earned: $4

Transaction 2:

Purchases:
8 boxes Quaker Oatmeal @ $2.50 each
Total: $20

Coupons & ECBs Used:
4 $1 off 2 boxes of Quaker Oatmeal from 10/26 and an earlier insert
$4 ECB from first transaction

Total OOP: $12
Total ECBs Earned: $5

I have a big stockpile of Halloween candy now. I am looking ahead to Christmas and I plan to use the leftovers for stocking stuffers (if I don't eat it all before then).

Did you have a great trip to CVS this week? Leave a comment and tell everyone about it!

1 comment:

Stimey said...

Wow, that's a lot of oatmeal. And I'll be impressed if you can keep that candy until Christmas. Mine would be already gone.