Friday, December 19, 2008

McCormick Spice Deal at Giant

During a quick stop for Butter Flavored Crisco today, I noticed that Giant is running a promotion through the end of December on McCormick products. They had little signs posted around the McCormick spice section highlighting the deal. The deal is buy $15 of McCormick spices, extracts, and seasonings and get $5 off instantly at checkout.

I had purchased ground cloves and allspice at Super Fresh earlier in the week and I was astounded at the prices. $9.39 for the cloves and $4.99 for the allspice! Those two items were a third of my grocery bill for the week. And to make matters worse, I didn't have any coupons for them. Anyway, I picked up the same spices at Giant today for $7.99 and $3.99 AND I got a big bottle of cinnamon ($4.49) for free with the $5 off promotion. I will return my Super Fresh spices when I go shopping on Monday.

Also, Green Giant boxed veggies and Valley Fresh Steamers (no sauce variety) are on sale at Giant this week for $1. There are lots of coupons for $1 off 1 Valley Fresh Steamers and $.50 off 2 Giant boxed veggies out there from recent inserts and there are a few internet printables (coupon 1 and coupon 2 thanks, Dana) as well. You can score some free Valley Fresh Steamers and boxed veggies for $.50 each.

Visit Frugal in Virginia for all of this week's Giant deals.

No comments: