Monday, February 16, 2009

Frugal Recipe: Shredded Pork Roast


Wondering what to do with the 99 cent Pork Shoulder Butt Roast on sale at Super Fresh this week? Last time it was on sale I bought it but I had no idea what to do with it. I tossed it in the slow cooker with a cup of water and a packet of Ortega taco seasoning I got for free that same week. It turned out really yummy! And the leftovers the next day were even tastier. We just ate it with some broccoli and rice but it would be perfect wrapped up in a tortilla with your favorite burrito fillings. I highly recommend giving this frugal recipe a try.


Shredded Pork Roast

3.5 lb. Whole Boston Butt Pork Shoulder Roast
1 taco seasoning packet
1 cup water

Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 8 hours. Remove fat and shred meat. Pour some of the liquid from the slow cooker over the shredded meat.

Servings: 6

No comments: